SEO should be a priority focus for your business, as it helps the engines figure out what each page is about and how it may be useful for others. Below are tips for SEO Success in your Startup business.
- Firstly, set the goals and outcomes you want to achieve, these might be; increased relevant traffic to your site, improving the average time people are on your site, increasing awareness in a specific industry or improve your topical authority in a certain area.
- Figure out a way to be measuring your strategies; set up Google Analytics (within here set up Goal Conversion Tracking) and set up Google Search Console. Within these applications you can see reports and figures from your Organic Search, Paid Search, Social Media, Referrals and Direct Traffic.
- Run an SEO audit on your site – this will show you if your site has any Duplicate Content, Broken Links to other pages/sites plus any Broken Media Links, 404 Pages (this may put a user off trying to navigate your site), it will scan your keywords to make sure they are relevant and consistent and if your pages are taking too long to load.
- Make sure your website is easy to navigate through on all platforms such as mobile, PC or tablet. If a visitor to your site is struggling to read the content due to your page not being optimised on mobile, they may not read further into it, meaning you will not rank on search engines. A tip to monitor this is to track your engagement to find out which pages are having the most interaction and where the users are leaving your website. You can also use Google’s Mobile Usability tool to track the pages which are not mobile friendly.
- Align your content to the right keywords – make sure you have identified a target keyword and keep it consistent throughout your content and Title Tag/Meta Description/Body Copy/URL Structure and your Image Optimisation.
- Make sure that your Social Media accounts and site links are set up properly so your visitors can navigate easily.
- Figure out the non-branded keywords that are relevant to your business so you can build topical authority in this particular area. Then prioritise these, starting with the smaller targeted keywords which are likely to bring in the best Click-Through Rate.