If you’re a small business, read the tips below on how to get started with SEO.
- You should first begin your process by doing Keyword Research that are relevant to your business. This will help you to figure out who your potential target audience are, who your competitors are and how much traffic can be attracted to your website. You want to mainly focus on the most highly searched keywords but not with the most competition – so keep it quite specific to your products/services.
- These keywords that you have chosen will need to be used in your Content, Website Title, Title Tag and Description Tag to make sure you are ranked well on Search Engines.
- Set your company up on online directories to make sure you are seen when your target audience are browsing – give as much information as possible on directories such as Google My Business, as this particular service can show your location, opening hours, contact details and links to your website.
- Join all major Social Media platforms – Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Pinterest and Instagram – choose the ones that are relevant to your business and target audience. Each platform is slightly different but the same in that you can use them to communicate with your customers and can link back to your website.
- Make sure you always have fresh Content and write a Blog, to keep your readers coming back to your website. People will only get bored reading the same content over and over. It will also push you higher in the ranks on Search Engines, which being a small business is very important in getting your business out there.